- After one hour remove the bandage. Do not re-bandage!
- Wash tattoo gently with Dial antibacterial soap and warm water to remove all ointment, excess ink and dry blood. Do so 2 or 3 times daily for 2 weeks.
- Dry tattoo by blotting with clean paper towel. DO NOT RUB, PICK OR SCRATCH! Loss of color and/or infection could occur.
- Apply a thin layer of Aquaphor until skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition. DO NOT let tattoo dry out, if it dries out it will scab and pull the ink out.
- DO NOT soak in water (bath, pool, etc.) until completely healed. DO NOT expose tattoo to direct sunlight or tanning booths.
- It is normal for a tattoo to hurt, be inflamed, redness and even itch but it will go away after a few days if cared for properly.
- Possible signs of infection can include prolonged redness, swelling, oozes of pus and fever. If infection occurs clean tattoo with antibacterial soap, apply Aquaphor and consult a physician.
- To ensure detail and color of your tattoo it is important to follow these instructions. Always be sure to wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching your tattoo and keep the tattoo area clean.
Should you have any questions please contact us.
2889 Highway 35 Hazlet NJ 07730